CodeCon is coding and camping, just in case you hadn't been to one before.
Real tents, no Internet, no phones.
I do hire a 2.5kVA generator, so the laptops still work.
This year we are at
Mount Wilson commons,
for the weekend of 21-23 October.
Friday 21-Oct-2011 noon (or whenever the second person arrives),
until about 1PM Sunday 23-Oct-2011.
- Honda EU20i
- Quiet: 54 dB
- Kennards Hire: 3×$96=$288
Who Is It For?
The expected attendees will be coders, usually open source coders.
About $40 each ($generator/n) depending on numbers.
Peter Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Please let me know if you are thinking of coming, so I have some idea
of numbers. This helps me hire a 240V generator of the appropriate
What To Bring
- A laptop (it is a codefest, after all)
- A 5-to-15 minute talk on a coding subject. Whatever you are
passionate about, or some problem exercising your brain cells at
- a tent (some people have big tents, and are willing to share)
- a sleeping bag
- You need to bring your own food (there are no shops nearby).
- Water. The camp ground has no water.
- A stove to cook on would be handy, and many people are willing to share.
There will be a camp fire, if you are adept at that kind of cooking.
- Flavored ethanol is traditional.
- Optional warm clothes (it won't be as cold at night as some years,
but it is at 800m altitude)
- Optional folding chair, although the organiser has a few spares.
- Some folks find torches useful.
What Will Be Provided
- a quiet 240V generator
- shade (for screen contrast) and a roof
- the camp ground has toilets
- the camp ground has no drinking water
Coding, talking about coding, scenic bush walks,
coding, whale watching, coding, avoiding the Honey-Do list, and coding.
Unless you live in the Blue Mountains, you take the Bells Line Of Road
out of Richmond, past the apple orchards.
Google says the travel time is 2h24m hours from the Central Coast.
Google says the travel time is 4h10m hours from Canberra.
Google says the travel time is 1h58m hours from Sydney CBD.
Here is a
Google maps link.
When asking Google Maps for directions,
use “33.502039 S 150.390215 E” as the destination.
This page has been accessed approximately
times since 7-Aug-2011.